Favorite Skirts of the Season | 2014
Finally, it’s that time of year to officially put away the heavy winter clothes, shave your legs, and start donning your favorite summer skirts. Trends for 2014 encompass almost every style, with the skirt being the key piece in every wardrobe. If you haven’t yet found that perfect skirt for you, here are a few options to give you a warm weather update.
- Experiment with a classic nautical striped skirt and style it in an unexpected way. Avoid bright white and mix it with other prints and patterns. My favorite combinations are polka dots or floral with stripes!
- Try out the sheer trend this season, but make sure not to bare too much. A lace paneled skirt shows just a bit more of the leg, but also adds a hint of demure femininity to your look. Tuck in a chambray shirt or graphic tee and also consider adding a fun shoe or bootie.
- If you’re not a fan of the more girly A-line skirts, the faux wrap skirt is another fun option for summer. The uneven hem in front offers a sharper more directional style to your more classic combinations.
- I absolutely love the ease and romance of a good maxi skirt! These Boho beauties of fashion can be matched with everything from crop tops to lightweight sweaters and jackets. The best thing is that maxi skirts can often transition into the cooler weather months. All you need to do is throw on a warm pair of leggings underneath!
- A flared skirt can offer a fun and flirty approach to daytime dressing in warm weather. Add a printed top or tee, a flat sandal and a bright lip for a fresh summer look.
- One of my favorite past trends that has recently made a comeback is pleats. And pleats are back in a big way. This classic trend can be dressed up or down. A soft peachy color can be paired with neutrals and oversized accessories for a polished look, or mixed with patterns or floral for a more traditional style.
- Technical fabrics are super popular and easy to wear because they hold their shape and don’t cling. A scuba, neoprene fabric skirt has a feminine shape, but a sporty feel and is an awesome option for all body types.