These drinks make a refreshing and nutritious snack, especially when you swirl in the fresh fruit. Recharge with these delicious smoothies and use them to inspire your next outfit!
1. Antioxidant Smoothie
2-cups mixed frozen berries (9 ounces)
1-cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and enjoy with a friend!
2. Strawberry-Banana Tofu Smoothie
1 package (10 ounces) frozen, unsweetened strawberries, thawed
1-cup plain soymilk
1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced
1 package (12 ounces) silken soft tofu, drained
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1. In a blender, puree berries until smooth. Remove, and rinse blender.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in the blender.
3. Puree until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides with rubber spatula as necessary.
4. Divide among glasses and spoon strawberry puree on one side of each glass. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. If refrigerating, whisk to recombine just before serving.
Extras: Even more cold-fighting nutrients can be added easily to this shake by pureeing a banana, a kiwi, or 1/2 cup of yogurt with the other ingredients. Soft silken tofu provides the best results for this drink. If you only have firm or extra-firm silken tofu on hand, however, you can add as much as a quarter cup of extra soymilk to achieve the desired consistency.
3. Cranberry Cocktail Protein Smoothie
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
2 scoops Lisa Lynn’s Complete French Vanilla Protein Powder
5 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in the jar of a blender. Blend until well combined; serve immediately. Don’t forget to share with your loved ones!
What inspires your daily outfits?