The Golden Rules for Shopping the Sales
Your favorite shop just announced that they’re having an insane sale of up to 75% off – of course you’re going to check it out! But before you do, here are my golden rules for shopping sales that will save you time and money on items that aren’t actually worth the sales tag let alone withstanding the crowds and reading between the lines of the return policies.
- Only buy something you really love or actually need – don’t get caught up in the low prices and buy something useless.
- If it’s on sale, buy the piece you couldn’t otherwise afford.
- If it doesn’t fit in the shop that probably won’t change by the time you get home. Be honest with yourself when you’re trying on items.
- Never buy anything too small. Only buy something too large if you have an amazing tailor you feel confident can make the piece fit.
- Avoid the boring classics – it’s better to buy them on your own good time in a solid shop but there is no danger of being panicked into a buy where you know you can always take things back.
- Keep away from anything in a bin with “special purchase” attached to it – you will spend more money than it is worth.
- If there’s something you’ve really set your heart on and you know it’s going to be reduced, have patience and wait for it. In the meantime, stay away for fear of falling in love with the item and blindly purchasing.
- Don’t be tempted to buy something in a wild colored or crazy print you would never wear simply because it’s 50%+ off.
- If you’re liable to be tempted into making a purchase you don’t need, take a good and honest friend with you – when she says don’t do it, listen!
- Before you part with your hard-earned cash, check the shops refund policy – if it doesn’t work out you want to be able to take it back.
What are your tips for shopping the sales? Share with me below in the comments!