April 28th //
If you’re thinking about taking your skin care regimen up a notch, adding a weekly skin care masque to your routine is the perfect place to start. No matter what type of skin you have – normal, oily, dry etc. – you can find the right formula for you with a little trial and error. Adding a skincare masque once or twice a week is a proactive step to exfoliate, tighten pores, deep clean and give an overall brighter look. I never miss my at-home pampering session! With so many different products out there (and they really aren’t one size fits all!), find out which skincare masque is best for you below!
Which Skincare Masque is Best for You?
Do you use a weekly skin care masque? What’s your favorite?
April 26th //
It’s always fun to find out more when it comes to beauty products that are in your pantry! We’ve talked about honey, papaya, coconut oil and baking soda but what about apple cider vinegar? ACV’s health and beauty benefits have been researched for years – with so many apple cider vinegar beauty uses there are even books dedicated to the subject! From your skin to your scalp, check out the beauty tips for apple cider vinegar you can try over the weekend.
Apple Cider Vinegar: the Beauty Product in Your Pantry
- Use it to scrub your scalp. It’s great for dandruff. Mix half water, half vinegar to an invigorating hair rinse.
- Dilute ACV in your bath water to ease a sunburn
- It will soften your skin from head to toe by adding just a little apple cider vinegar to your bath water.
- Share this one with your significant other! Apple cider vinegar makes great aftershave.
- Apply it in place of astringent. Half water, half apple cider vinegar. Excellent for oily skin.
- Use it in a homemade facial mask for clearing up acne.
- Add it to your tea to beautify your insides.
Celebs like Scarlett Johansson swear by it, but what about you? If you have any apple cider vinegar beauty uses to add, comment away! xox
April 24th //
I’ve picked up so many mascara tips from beauty experts over the years being in this industry. And while I don’t wear makeup every day if I’m working from home, my quick and easy routine always includes playing up the eyes with mascara (and using concealer and blush!). Here are my top eight mascara tips and tricks to make the most of your fringe for a standout set of peepers. xo
8 Mascara Makeup Tips & Tricks
- To look extra awake, curl your lashes before applying
- Try a lash primer to strengthen and condition lashes
- Don’t forget to make sure that the inner and outer corner lashes are coated
- Black is universally flattering but you will be surprised how blue or brown mascara can make your eyes pop. Experiment!
- I don’t always use mascara on my bottom lashes. Blend a great concealer underneath the eye with volumizing mascara on the top lashes for a fresh, brightening effect
- Unless you’re going for a spidery look, clumps are a no-no. Brush them out with a lash comb for a more natural appearance
- Save your waterproof mascara for important events or a night out.
- Use an eye makeup remover with antioxidants to nourish the delicate surrounding skin
April 23rd //
Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t the only actress who showed up to the GLAAD Awards with a fresh new look. Glee actress Naya Rivera looked stunning in what must be spring’s prettiest makeup, hands down. What’s not love about her casual hair, statement earrings (to die for) and dress that matched the muted mauve tones of her makeup?
But lets focus on the face. Every girl is going to want to have a similar purple beauty moment – myself included! – and while I’m not sure which brand Naya is wearing in the photo, here’s my step-by-step tutorial for stealing this look with Motives Cosmetics! xo
Steal Naya Rivera’s Pretty Spring Makeup with Motives!
April 21st //
I’ve been sharing a lot of the makeup and hair YouTube tutorials I love here on the blog and instead of pulling my favorite nail ideas from Pinterest, I thought I’d share a DIY video this time around. Chevron (or herringbone) is one of the top trends for spring – seriously, the pattern is great for everything, including nail art!
Look TV filmed a super-simple and easy to understand chevron nail art tutorial, which is posted below! Just switch out the shades for Motives and you have a chic new manicure to start off your week xo
A Chic DIY Chevron Nails Video Tutorial You Must Watch
Posted in Beauty Finds
Tagged diy, nails