April 14th //
And ladies, where do you weigh in on this subject? I tend to gravitate toward light, citrusy scents like L’Eau D’Issey (citrus and amber) and Acqua di Parma (Sicilian citrus and verbena), both available at FragranceX.com. But it all depends on the guy: A fresh spicy-woodsy scent (cue Molton Brown’s Re-Charge Black Pepper Eau de Toilette, $60 at Neiman Marcus) can be a huge hit with the opposite sex.
April 14th //
Check out this fabulous YouTube video from FashionTV! It has behind the scenes footage from the Miami Fashion Week Pompadour Swimwear show… featuring Motives The makeup – and swimsuits – look gorgeous!!
April 12th //
Iridescent purple eye shadow works to very flattering effect and is surprisingly versatile:
From Michael Kors Spring 2010 RTW. Image courtesy of Style.com
1. It can operate like a neutral. Paired with gray or chocolatey tones, it looks especially pretty.
2. You can use it as a sheer, vivid wash across your lids – in which case, you want to keep the rest of your makeup pure and minimalist.
3. Or, as shown on Michael Kors’ spring runway – you can define your eyes with navy liner (like Motives Gel Eyeliner in Rock Star), sweep a translucent lilac highlight (like Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Dollface or Purple Haze) on the brow-bone, and finish with a cool, violet-tinged lip gloss.
How are you introducing color to your makeup this spring?
April 7th //
A beauty blog favorite of mine, Beauty Snob, has done a nice little review on our amazing Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Sunscreen It’s creamy, soft and potent with an SPF 55 – and all without that usual sunscreen smell! You read the article for yourself by clicking here.
Protect your skin the best way, at the best price – Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Sunscreen SPF55 is only $39.95!
April 5th //
This spring is gearing up to be a pretty big season for beauty trends. People are taking bigger risks with color and application. Marion Cotillard, looking stunning in sparkly blue shadow and shimmery pink lips, delved right into two of the season’s biggest hits—colored shadow and pale lips—and made it look easy. Here’s why it worked:
1. The shade of blue she chose for her eyes was bold, but had enough gray tones to balance out the brightness. Try Motives Pressed Eyeshadow in Blueberry Frost to get the same results.
2. She used a strong, defined liner, like Motives Luxe Precision Eye Line, to create a heavy top lid that was a grounding point for the shimmer in her eyeshadow.
3. Instead of going with the super-trendy matte, nude lip, she opted for a shiny gloss, which kept the overall effect soft and pretty. Try Motives Lip Shine in Tease to get the same effect.