April 12th //
Out of all the faves in my closet, my leather pieces are an absolute essential. From tanks to leggings and bracelets and bags – leather items make the outfit and I would be devastated if I accidentally ruined them by not taking care of leather properly! Here are my 5 tips for extending the life of your leather essentials and to keep leather looking its best.
Amber Ridinger in a leather top, Loren Ridinger in leather pants
5 Tips to Keep Leather Looking its Best
- Apply leather protector. Step one after making an investment in a leather piece is to protect it against the elements.
- Get rid of dirt and wear with an all-purpose cleaner. Use a damp rag and apply to the whole surface to clear away grime.
- Try mild detergent like Woolite as a spot cleaner. Use a damp rag to apply the detergent to the spot to wipe clean.
- Treat leather with conditioner regularly to keep your items soft.
- Store your leather faves in cloth bags – not plastic! Plastic can cause leather to dry.
How do you take care of leather investment pieces?
Posted in Fashion News
April 4th //
Have any of you heard of the absolutely incredible new invention by Alexander Farennikov (and no, it’s not a weirdly-shaped stereo speaker)? The bra savior has created a breast-shaped piece of equipment specifically designed to dry your expensive lingerie.
Lingerie Life Saver: the Incredible Bra Dryer
The invention takes drying bras to a level never seen before – you simply slide your bra over the mold and after providing the info on padding thickness and size, the genius machine knows exactly how much air is required to safely dry it! Oh, and this all happens in under 30 minutes.
You’ll be able to get your own bra dryer in 2014 and they are projected to be priced between $150-200.
A bra dryer is definitely going to be on my must have list in 201! What about you?
April 3rd //
Since we’re in Puerto Rico for my daughter Amber’s wedding, a swimwear post is pretty much a given! The Victoria’s Secret swimwear catalog has become iconic over the years but with everyone obsessed with their laptops and phones, VS has added an entire Swim Destination All Access page to their website! More pictures, behind the scenes videos with your favorite Victoria’s Secret angels, exclusive summer soundtracks (Rihanna!) and all the buzz online where shoppers can share what they’ve been scooping up for next season.
Swimwear 2013: Victoria’s Secret Swim Destination
We’re turning up the sultry with the cutest bikinis, the hottest swim and behind-the-scenes videos, your favorite supermodels and the latest buzz on all things beachy. Check out our brand-new swim destination!
I love when brands mix style and social media in an engaging way. VS Swimwear is affordable for everyone and this new online destination makes purchasing even more exciting and fun!
Is Victoria’s Secret one of your go-to’s for bikinis? Tell me your favorite swimwear line in the comments!
April 2nd //
Lauren Conrad has been really amazing at sharing her style tips with all of us – first it was her advice on building a wardrobe in Redbook last month and now she’s a contributing editor on E!’s The Trend through the month of editor. This week on the site, she reveals her top three shopping budget tips, which include super easy rules anyone can follow for a more fabulous spring season.
Lauren Conrad’s Shopping Budget Tips for Spring
- The right spot. The former reality star suggests flash sales, online outlets and vintage stores as her top three spots for finding fashion on a budget.
- The right mix. Decide which pieces you want to invest in and which items are inexpensive separates you might only keep for a season or two. “Since these trends may be out of style by next spring, buying styles that don’t break the bank is your best bet,” she says.
- The right fit. The fashion designer suggests finding a good tailor in your area, to “make your clothes appear more expensive” and “flatter your figure,” especially when it comes to those fantastic vintage finds.
How do you stick to a budget when shopping for spring clothes and accessories?
March 31st //
Just a head’s up – a new beauty brand is coming to Puerto Rico! Later this week on Wednesday, April 3, La La Anthony and myself will be hosting a fabulous (and free!) event in Dorado, Puerto Rico where we can all get to together and talk makeup. My daughter Amber will also be giving an overview of her revolutionary skin care line. It’s an incredible opportunity for makeup artists, beauty lovers and entrepreneurs in Puerto Rico to come and learn about Motives for La La, Motives by Loren Ridinger Cosmetics and Lumiere de Vie.
We can’t wait to bring this award-winning line to Puerto Rico and look forward to meeting everyone! The details are below + click here to RSVP for the event: http://bitly.com/MotivesinPR xo