December 5th //
It’s an absolute thrill to see Marilyn Monroe as the new face of Chanel No. 5! The blonde bombshell was quoted years ago, saying that the fragrance was the only thing she wore to bed, and from that moment on, it was Chanel No. 5 and Marilyn forever. Fifty-one years later, the sex symbol has become the new face of the fragrance.
Marilyn Monroe: The New Face of Chanel No. 5
“You know, they ask me questions. Just an example: ‘What do you wear to bed? A pajama top? The bottoms of the pajamas? A nightgown?’ So I said, ‘Chanel No. 5,’ because it’s the truth… And yet, I don’t want to say ‘nude’. But it’s the truth!”
In a short commercial, Chanel has tied beautiful vintage footage with the sound of her voice, showing the LIFE photoshoot that made Chanel No. 5 as popular as it is today. Accessing lost audio footage, Marilyn’s interviews were the inspiration behind this lovely campaign.
What do you think of Marilyn Monroe as the face of this classic fragrance?
December 5th //
L’Wren Scott x Banana Republic hits select stores and online today, featuring a slew of sexy dresses, lip-printed accessories and a stunning burgundy, pink and red color palette.
This holiday collab has been on my radar for weeks and I can’t wait to get my hands on a few of these pieces, which are “designed to inspire glamorous holiday parties, whether on the town or at home.”
So festive and beyond gorgeous… plus, you can save 20% on the collection when you use your Banana, Gap or Old Navy card and BRLWREN at checkout!
L’Wren Scott x Banana Republic Debuts Today!
“I am so excited about this collaboration. My signature sexy shilouettes. Banana Republic’s modern polish. Every piece is decadently glamorous, poised to party and ready to celebrate the holiday season.”
PS: head over to Twitter and use the hashtag #glamchat to chat with the designer (who’s dressed everyone from Nicole Kidman to Amy Adams and SJP) herself! xo
December 2nd //
This actress and mom of two is known for her advice, Christmas included! GOOP queen Gwyneth Paltrow sat down with InStyle to talk about all things festive for the holiday season – including presents, shopping and what she loves to wear to a party. See what the face of Hugo Boss’ new fragrance Boss Jour Pour Femme had to say and read the full interview here. xo
Gwyneth Paltrow on Shopping for the Perfect Gift
- How when she starts shopping: I generally start my Christmas shopping at least 2 months before. I like to get things personalized and my gifts usually require some advance time. I’m definitely a planner.
- On the hardest people to shop for: I think men are really hard to shop for, much harder than women. Probably my husband, my brother, my husband’s brothers – they’re usually the hardest.
- On why she loves to personalize gifts: I think it’s really nice that when someone opens a present it has something personal. Last year I gave everyone these beautiful handmade cutting boards, everyone in the family’s name was engraved on one side. I’ve done ceramic plates, jewelry with initials. It takes it from being a normal present to being something that’s actually really special and requires a lot of thought and planning.
- Her go-to outfit for a holiday party: I always feel like I end up wearing something black. I have a number of black jumpsuits that are always very easy because then you don’t have to think about much else.
November 30th //
I have to admit, I was over-the-top thrilled to hear that fashion icon, Vivienne Westwood recently announced that she’s writing a memoir. Getting help from friends like Pamela Anderson, Prince Charles and historian, Ian Kelly, Westwood plans to give us some pretty great stories from the 70s. Seeing the world through Westwood’s eyes will be pretty amazing – I can’t wait!
Following her life as a self-taught designer and her wild ascent through the fashion industry, I have a feeling this memoir won’t disappoint. She’s been known to push boundaries in fashion, leaving people curious for more.
Vivienne Westwood Memoir Coming October 2014
“Vivienne is much more than what you first see. She is passionately committed to human rights and to eco-politics, but as well as that I am keen to tell the truth about a huge-hearted, warm and witty individual, whose face and clothes are known the world over – but who is also recognisably the Derbyshire primary school teacher who met and fell in love with Malcolm McLaren and changed the world.”- Ian Kelly
Who else is on the edge of their seat for the release of the grandmother of punk’s memoir? (I’m not so sure I can wait until October 2014!)
November 29th //
Wow! Have you heard of this new online marketplace called Twice? Founded by two smart guys, who met while working at Google, Twice is an online shop for reselling used clothing. It’s such an awesome concept – making it super simple to clean out your closet with some great incentive too. Here’s how it works:
- Clean out your closet and make a big pile of clothes you’re ready to donate or resell.
- Download a free shipping label from liketwice.com (or you can even request a free shipping bag).
- Send in your clothes.
- The team at Twice receives your clothes. They measure and photograph everything while also deciding which pieces they want to make an offer on.
- The Twice team sends you an offer for the clothes they’d like to resell – the payment is deposited in your Twice account or you can choose to receive a paper check.
- Twice resells the clothes they chose and donates the rest of your remaining items to Goodwill.
Twice founders Noah-Ready Campbell and Calvin Young both grew up wearing mostly second-hand clothes – so they get it. You can buy and sell great used clothing – and find some great pieces while you’re at it. Twice takes the guess work out of the whole process, making it super simple and fun!
Would you resell your clothes through Twice? Have you tried it? (PS: they are having 40% off everything right now!)