April 9th //
It’s countdown to Coachella! The epic event features a killer live lineup this year but of course, I’m already thinking about festival fashion and how it’s sure to inspire me for summer. If you’re heading out to Coachella this month (April 12-14 and April 19-21) or any other music fest, you must check out this budget-babe friendly line from Vena Cava. Viva Vena! is the ”amalgam of cool femininity and sophisticated whimsy, through a designer lens” with vintage inspired pieces that look like they are one of a kind. Priced at only $59-159, it’s perfect to pack for your weekend getaways.
Music Festival Fashion: Viva Vena! Collection
Fab prints, comfortable skirts, crop tops… what more could you ask for from 2013 music festival fashion for women? What do you think – would you wear Viva Vena! to Coachella?
April 4th //
Who says dress pants have to be boring? I am so in love with the chic BCBG trousers I wore last night for our Motives event in Puerto Rico! The bold print was relaxed but perfect for the occasion when paired with my go-to black blazer. I’ve rounded up five more of my favorite sportswear-inspired slacks that can take you from the office to a night out (of course, the solid colors are great for a more conservative workplace).
Chic Trousers: Slouchy Spring Slacks for Work
April 3rd //
Your go-to comfies are no longer house bound. Stylish sweatshirts are popping up on everyone, everywhere and as someone who loves to rock a more relaxed look on a daily basis, this is just fabulous. I have quite a few from Wildfox Couture but Topshop, H&M and Zara are also great stores to shop this essential piece at a great price!
Stylish Sweatshirts: Spring’s Essential Transition Piece
Great with leggings, a skirt, skinnies and even shorts through the summer! Would you wear a stylish sweatshirt for spring?
March 31st //
Wearing high heels is one of the best parts of being of a woman – they’re fun, they make your legs look long and some of them are just stunning works of art! Even though we’ll go to crazy lengths to rock our most beloved pair of shoes, there are ways to wear them that can help you get through the day/night with a little less pain and a lot more swagger. Check out my rules about wearing high heels and let me know if any of these work for you!
7 Simple Rules for Wearing Heels
- Give those stilettoes a test drive before you hit the town. Wear them out for a short time before you try to go for hours – just to be sure they’re as comfy as they were in the store.
- Stand tall. Use your core muscles to stand up straight.
- Take a break every once in a while. Sometimes you just have to sit down and give your feet a rest – and that is ok!
- Work on your balance. Yoga does more than keep you healthy, it helps you strut your stuff in your highest heels.
- Customize your shoes to work for your feet. Go ahead and add a little cushioning with padding for the balls of your feet or maybe your heels.
- Make them safe. Add no-slip shoe grips to the soles.
- Show off your stuff! Remember you look great in those heels, so show off your confidence!
Do you love shoes as much as I do? What are your rules about heels?
Posted in Trends
March 30th //
Guest Blogger: Shane Ross | www.iamfashionweak.com
Spring hasn’t officially sprung here in Atlanta and dressing for the transition can be a real pain. So, I decided to take some fashion advice from Rachel Zoe by adding a simple blazer to my maxi dress for the perfect in-between seasons look. It’s simple, yet chic.
Simple & Chic Transitional Look for Spring
What I’m wearing: Parker Maxi Dress (shopbop.com), Blazer and Gold Metallic Belt (jcrew.com), Gold Link Necklace (gilt.com), Theory Theyskens Heels (barneys.com)
How are you dressing and dealing with the in between season?