January 12th //
Do you ever feel like your shirt or dress just doesn’t look quite right – like things could be lifted and adjusted? While you may be inclined to think you need a new size, it may be that you’re wearing the wrong bra size (yes, you read that correctly!). The wrong bra can ruin your best outfit – and the right bra can make everything flawless. If you find your bras bunching, wrinkling, riding up or straps slipping, those are tell-tale signs that it’s time to be re-sized. Check out these tips for getting the right size and keeping your assets looking their best.
Looking Your Best in the Right Size Bra
- Use a measuring tape to measure the band size. (directly under your bust) Keep the measuring tape snug – if the number is even, add 4 inches (ex. If you measure 32, your band size is 36). If the number is odd, add 5 inches.
- Loosely wrap the measuring tape (at the nipple level) around your bust to measure. Round to the nearest whole number.
- Figure out your cup size by subtracting your band size from your bust measurement – and refer to a sizing chart like THIS one.
Once you are correctly sized be sure you love the bra. Make sure it’s not too tight or two loose, adjust straps and try the bra with a tight shirt. How does it look? (when you stand sideways in a mirror are your breasts between your elbows and shoulders or do you need something with more support?) How about you – got any tips to share for finding the perfect bra?
PS: Victoria’s Secret is have a 2 x $49.50 bra sale! ^^^ Click here to shop the perfect bra for you! Good luck xo
Posted in Trends
January 9th //
Every girl that lives above the Mason Dixon should have a quality pair of women’s leather gloves. When trying to pick the right leather gloves, I try to find a stylish set that will last for years – it’s a worthwhile investment you can make one time for an accessory that can be used again and again, winter after winter. Perfect for when I’m in NYC!
Here are six of my favorites to choose from! Happy shopping xo
Must Have! 6 Sets of Fabulous Leather Gloves
elbow length | fuchsia | gold accent | leopard | faux fur | perforated
January 8th //
Women’s denim shirts look fabulous with everything from leather pants to a plaid skirt but pairing one with jeans is where it gets tricky. Denim on denim can be a recipe for disaster if not done right so I’m here to explain how to wear a chambray shirt with your favorite pair of skinnies. Read on…
The DO’s and DON’Ts of Wearing A Denim Shirt with Jeans
- Stick with different washes and fits – DON’T wear lights together or two super-fitted pieces. DO pair an oversized button up with distressed skinnies, like this ex-boyfriend shirt from Madewell and these broken in skinnies from H&M.
- DO tuck in your shirt. Play around with the full tuck, front tuck, half tuck and see which silhouette works for you. DO add a skinny belt to break up your top and bottom half!
- DON’T forget accessories. Adding this glam J. Crew necklace and brightly-colored bag is not only trendy but gives your look a chic finish.
- DO have fun with your footwear. A feminine heel or preppy loafer provides direction to all of that denim and makes a statement.
Have you been rocking denim on denim? Hope this inspires you to give it a try! xo
January 7th //
Just wanted to set the scene for today… all anyone can talk about is the weather and that’s exactly what I prefer to do! Talk about it – and stay inside (although Mashable has this funny article about cold weather making people do crazy things outside. must read!).
I’m waiting this thing out from under the blankets in a cozy sweater with a cup of tea. What about you – what’s the weather like where you are? Keep warm and stay safe!
Stay Inside & Keeping Warm: Fashion for the Polar Vortex
sweater | tank | leggings | boots | scarf | mug | candle | blanket | ipad case
January 6th //
This insanely cold week coming up has had me throwing fashion out the window and focusing on how to stay warm and toasty! Between the wind (learn how to take care of windburn here), snow and freezing temperatures, layering is key when dealing with weather like this. One of the first things I put on in the mornings are fleece-lined leggings – you can wear them alone or under your clothes as extra insurance for keeping in the heat. Here are four options you need to stock up on, ASAP! xo
4 Types of Fleece Lined Leggings