January 8th //
Women’s denim shirts look fabulous with everything from leather pants to a plaid skirt but pairing one with jeans is where it gets tricky. Denim on denim can be a recipe for disaster if not done right so I’m here to explain how to wear a chambray shirt with your favorite pair of skinnies. Read on…
The DO’s and DON’Ts of Wearing A Denim Shirt with Jeans
- Stick with different washes and fits – DON’T wear lights together or two super-fitted pieces. DO pair an oversized button up with distressed skinnies, like this ex-boyfriend shirt from Madewell and these broken in skinnies from H&M.
- DO tuck in your shirt. Play around with the full tuck, front tuck, half tuck and see which silhouette works for you. DO add a skinny belt to break up your top and bottom half!
- DON’T forget accessories. Adding this glam J. Crew necklace and brightly-colored bag is not only trendy but gives your look a chic finish.
- DO have fun with your footwear. A feminine heel or preppy loafer provides direction to all of that denim and makes a statement.
Have you been rocking denim on denim? Hope this inspires you to give it a try! xo
January 7th //
Just wanted to set the scene for today… all anyone can talk about is the weather and that’s exactly what I prefer to do! Talk about it – and stay inside (although Mashable has this funny article about cold weather making people do crazy things outside. must read!).
I’m waiting this thing out from under the blankets in a cozy sweater with a cup of tea. What about you – what’s the weather like where you are? Keep warm and stay safe!
Stay Inside & Keeping Warm: Fashion for the Polar Vortex
sweater | tank | leggings | boots | scarf | mug | candle | blanket | ipad case
January 6th //
This insanely cold week coming up has had me throwing fashion out the window and focusing on how to stay warm and toasty! Between the wind (learn how to take care of windburn here), snow and freezing temperatures, layering is key when dealing with weather like this. One of the first things I put on in the mornings are fleece-lined leggings – you can wear them alone or under your clothes as extra insurance for keeping in the heat. Here are four options you need to stock up on, ASAP! xo
4 Types of Fleece Lined Leggings
January 3rd //
Keds are making a comeback! The popular 90s slip on is this season’s must-have shoe and I am all about adding a pair to my closet. With leggings and jeans now to cut offs and t-shirt dresses later, these sneakers will be the perfect new addition for 2014! Are you more of a classic style or crazy print type of person? I’ve found options that are sure to please any personality – and budget! xo
The Must Have Sneaker: Slip On Shoes (at every price!)
- Keds slip on sneaker $40
- Steve Madden slip on sneaker $99
- Vans classic slip on sneaker $47
- Ash jungle slip on sneaker $150
- Celine check slip on sneaker
December 30th //
If you’re still stumped on what to wear for tomorrow night’s festivities, here are five gorgeous dresses worthy of ringing in the new year. And the best part? They’re all under $50 Cheers to 2014!
Affordable NYE Worthy Dresses Under $50
gold dress | red dress | check dress | sweater dress | faux leather dress