So here’s the thing, you know I am all about finding the newest and best ways to make healthy living my priority, but with all the detox and fad cleanses out there, it’s hard to know which ones actually work. Between complex recipes, high-fiber powders and complicated regimens, a natural detox sounds like a dream come true, right?
Much like a number of other superfoods making waves right now, flushing with coconut oil is a simple and effective way to cleanse. Comprised mainly of fatty-acids, which provide the body with loads of energy, this type of fat is an excellent option for detoxing. Flushing with coconut oil can also be a healing process and may combat candida, acne, fatigue, eczema, digestive problems and even reduce sugar cravings.
Flushing with coconut oil is a pretty simple process, take a look:
- Start small. You can follow a coconut oil cleanse for 3-7 days, but think about working coconut oil slowly into your diet with a teaspoon per/day. Give yourself a couple of weeks to work your way up to the full detox amount.
- Use only organic, raw coconut oil; be sure it’s unrefined and not deodorized or bleached.
- Take the coconut oil either plain or mixed with lemon water, stevia or plain organic yogurt. Start each day with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Repeat the process throughout the day.
- You can have up to 14 tablespoons of coconut oil per/day. But, if you find that you’re feeling hungry, supplement the cleanse with up to 4 ounces of fresh coconut meat each day.
- As with any detox, you may feel flu-like symptoms including headaches and joint stiffness. This should only last for the first few days.
- Don’t forget to drink lots of water while cleansing! You can even add a bit of lemon juice to your water for a refreshing addition to the process.
Remember, detoxes aren’t for everyone; if you’re feeling unsure, check with your doctor before jumping in. Have you ever tried flushing with coconut oil?