February 22nd //
If you’re feeling pressure to have a diamond for your engagement ring – think again! Gemstone engagement rings are growing in popularity and can be just as stunning as a traditional diamond. Finding a gemstone that fits your style and personality is such a blast (there’s so many to choose from). If you’re considering breaking the mold, but just aren’t sure what are good gemstones for an engagement, keep reading for my picks and start dropping hints to your honey asap!
Ready to Pick Out A Gemstone Engagement Ring?
Halo Aquamarine Engagement Ring from PenelliBelle
- For something with beautiful symbolism, choose your birthstone or the birthstone of your partner.
- Choose a gemstone that symbolizes the heart like ruby, red garnet or red tourmaline.
- Green gemstones like emerald or green garnet are known to symbolize faithfulness.
- If you want that little something blue, sapphires and blue spinel are a gorgeous choice. (think Princess Kate!)
- For something traditional, a single natural pearl is lovely and pure.
I’m curious: what are your picks for gemstone engagement rings?
Posted in Jewelry
February 21st //
With all these winter storms I can’t help but daydream about the lazy (and humid) days of summer. The dry indoor heating systems have given many of us a case of the frizzies just like it was mid-july. From conditioning treatments to styling tools, hair serum for frizzy hair has been my go-to all season long. Keep reading to learn a little more about my tips for how to prevent frizzy hair with serums and other tricks to look your best year-round.
Say Goodbye to Frizzy Hair with These 6 Tricks
- Cut back on washing to 2-3 days a week. The natural oils in your hair will help with frizz.
- Go for a deep conditioning treatment every time you wash.
- Use a soft towel to pat hair dry – this will help keep hair lying flat.
- Use a silicone hair serum for frizzy hair like Bumble and Bumble Defrizz or Fixx Argan Oil No Frizz.
- Invest in a good blow dryer that increases shine and cuts down on frizz with ionic technology.
- Choose alcohol-free products and use an occasional hot oil treatment.
Got your own tricks for how to prevent frizzy hair with serums and other routines? Please share!
February 20th //
My girls Khloe, Kourtney and Kim Kardashian are launching a kid’s clothing line this spring and I for one couldn’t be more excited, especially now that I’m a grandma The collection will hit Babies R Us stores March 15 with onesies, blankets, two-piece sets and more ranging from $15 – $30.
Get a First Look at the Kardashian Kids Clothing Line!
Kourtney: “Since becoming a mom, I’ve been so inspired to create Kardashian Kids with perfect prints, heavenly fabrics for a baby’s skin and to bring fashion to the baby world that is affordable.”
Kim: “Our grandmother opened a children’s fashion store, and from an early age I adored baby fashion. Later when Penelope was born, my sisters and I had so many ideas for how we wanted to dress her, but didn’t always find what we were envisioning. Now, as a mom, I cherish the time my baby and I spend together getting her dressed. The items in this collection are exactly what I have imagined for her.”
Khloe: ”With our ever-expanding family and our wide circle of friends having children, designing a baby collection was the next natural progression for my sisters and me.”
So cute, right? Will you be shopping the new Kardashian Kids line next month?
February 19th //
Angelina Jolie, Olivia Munn, Jessica Alba and Mena Suvari are just few of the Hollywood set spotted carrying around this season’s It Bag: the Everlane Petra tote. While I admit that even under $500 isn’t exactly the most wallet-friendly price point, it sure is a lot less than most of the bags we see celebs wearing that cost thousands of dollars, right? And for the quality, this is definitely a versatile and worthwhile investment piece in my book! But each of the four Petra styles are selling out so act fast if one of these babies is on your wish list for spring.
The Everlane Petra: Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba’s New Favorite (And Affordable!) Tote
EVERLANE PETRA ($325 – $425)
Oh and PS: Everlane offers a similar style for only $40 HERE. xoxo
February 19th //
Now that the Motives Mavens ELEMENT palette is officially available, you must make sure to follow along on Instagram for incredible tutorials with our newest product, like this pictorial from the gorgeous Maryam (who helped create the color box). At only $35 the ELEMENT is such a steal so scoop one up before they sell out! xoxo
PICTORIAL: Gorgeous Eye Makeup With the Motives Mavens ELEMENT
- Prime the lids with Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Using a fluffy crease brush from Motives 15-piece pro brush set, apply a soft wash of “Native” eyeshadow to the crease using windshield wiper motions. This will serve as the transition shade
- Using a large eyeshadow brush from the set, apply “Bordeaux” eyeshadow to the entire movable lid and slightly past the crease. Use the edge of the brush to blend “Bordeaux” with “Native”. Add the shade to the outer lower lash line
- Flip the brush and apply “Shell” eyeshadow to the center of the lid, inner corner and directly under the brow arch
- Apply “Raven” eyeshadow to the outer v portion of the eye using a fine detailing brush and creating a defined outer wing
- Using “Birch” eyeshadow on a flat brush, “clean up” any harsh edges and soften the transition between the brow bone and crease
- Line the top lash line with Motives liquid liner in Noir
- Add lashes and mascara