June 16th //
JR and I just recently finished shooting another exciting webisode for Life with Loren. This webisode centers around a photo shoot that we were chosen to be a part of for The Luxury Lifestyles of South Beach — a table book. I wanted to take a moment and share it with everyone, and would love everyone’s feedback on the webisode! So which webisode of Life with Loren is your favorite so far?
June 16th //
Rachel Comey shoes are among the most coveted items any indie-fashion follower owns. The collection gets that tricky artsy-meets-functional design just right. But sadly they can sometimes be a little hard to find. So imagine my surprise when out of the blue a small-but-amazing trio of shoes by Comey popped up on the widely accessible UrbanOutfitters.com. The collaboration, called Contributor by Rachel Comey, includes two versions of a city-chic sandal—one heeled, one flat—and a beachy Oxford with woven sides. Get them while they’re hot, because if sales of the regular collection are any indication these won’t last long.
June 15th //
If you’re like me, you probably have a ton of summer weddings to attend! While I love getting dressed up for each occassion, sometimes finding the perfect dress (more than once) can be a daunting task. This year, I’ve discovered a great, new ma partner store that offers a fabulous selection of formal dresses at unbelieveable prices. I went on a deal hunt over at edressme.com, and found a hot one just for you!
The Deal: Running from now until June 30, save on the ideal dress for your special occasion this summer! Take $25 off any purchase of $125 or more with coupon code “junejubilee”.
BCBG Sunset Floral Chiffon Evening Gown $418
While you’re there, take a peek at eDressMe.com’s trend page! Here you’ll find the essence of 2009’s summer – vibrant shades and pastels, eclectic prints, block colors and strong patterns in this season’s must-haves styles, the elaborate geometric constructions, fuss free frocks and frills, sheer silky texture and layers, contemporary architecture, feministic full length drapes as well as revealing necklines and sun kissed shoulder dresses –Oh! The possibilities!
June 15th //
I’m a sucker for handbags, I’ll admit it! But this one is different…very different, because I was the inspiration behind its creation (how cool!).
The handbag is called the Python Loren Hobo and comes from handbag designer, Adriana Castro! With that in mind, this week’s giveaway (which will run for the next two weeks) is for one (1) lucky winner to have the opportunity to win one (1) Python Loren Hobo handbag, courtesy of Adriana Castro!
For a chance to win one (1) Python Loren Hobo handbag courtesy of Adriana Castro, please follow the complete rules and submit your entry below – good luck!
Special thanks to Adriana Castro for providing us with this glamorous handbag and I am so excited to have a handbag designed on my behalf. Thanks Adriana!
If you’d like to be the lucky recipient of this gorgeous handbag, here’s what you’ll need to do.
First, leave me a comment on the blog, tell me what your favorite style of handbag is (Ex: hobo, clutch, satchel, etc…).
Second, send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your
handle/username you used to post your comment on MyFashionCents.com in your e-mail.
Remember, there are two (2) requirements, so complete them both to be entered into the giveaway for the Python Loren Hobo from Adriana Castro.
Click here to read the full rules of the giveaway.
My Fashion Cents Giveaway Official Sweepstakes Rules
One (1) Python Loren Hobo (valued at $1,900) courtesy of Adriana Castro (the “Prize”)! Costs of shipping the Prize to the winner will be paid by MyFashionCents.com. All costs, including federal, state and local sales, income and other taxes, insurance, and other expenses not specifically identified above as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution for the Prize is permissible, except by MyFashionCents.com due to prize unavailability, and then a prize of equal or greater value (as determined by MyFashionCents.com) may be substituted.
Rules and Qualifications
- Applicants must reside in one of the 50 United States and must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Market America independent distributors are eligible to participate
- Market America employees and their families are not eligible to participate
Sweepstakes is limited to one entry per person.
- Entries may be submitted from 12:01 am EST on June 15, 2009 through 11:59 pm EST on June 29, 2009.
- To enter, you need to do two (2) things:
- First, leave a comment on the blog, tell me what your favorite style of
handbag is (Ex: hobo, clutch, etc…).
- Second, send an email to Loren@myfashioncents.com and include
your blogger handle/username that you used to post your comment.
- Entries that do not meet all rules and qualifications will be disqualified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The winner will be chosen through a random drawing. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- The winner’s blogger username will be published on www.myfashioncents.com on July 1, 2009. Don’t forget to check back on that date to see if you are the lucky winner!
- The winner must respond by 5:00 pm EST on July 3, 2009 to claim the Prize. If the winner doesn’t respond via email by the above deadline, another winner will be chosen.
- This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- MyFashionCents.com and persons and companies associated with it disclaim all liability for injury or damage to persons and/or property that might result from Sweepstakes entry or acceptance of the Prize.
- Winner must provide a W-9 to MyFashionCents.com prior to receiving the prize.
- Acceptance of use of Prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness without compensation (except where prohibited by law).
- Your contest entry indicates your agreement to all contest rules and qualifications.
June 14th //
Thanks to three tech-y new hotels, seeing Europe on a dime just got a whole lot easier—and way chicer!
In Amsterdam: CitizenM
Two locations, one near the airport and one in the city center, make this mini chainlet not only one of the cities most affordable options, but also its most strategically placed. Rates start at $109 for a single room with a private bath and free wi-fi.
In London: Yotel
What technically started as a refresher stop for business travelers going through Heathrow and Gatwick airports has actually become a great option for budget-minded travelers just looking for a nap and a quick shower. For $36, you get a teensy capsule room—only 75 square feet—with a bed, shower, and workstation for four hours—each additional hour after that is $10.
In Maastricht: Qbic
The second location of this completely self-service hotel opens later this year—the original is in Amsterdam. You check yourself in at kiosks that work just like the ones in your local airport, and use your key card to purchase everything from organic snacks to items you forgot to pack for the duration of your stay. $91 gets you a tiny capsule room with private bath and access to the fitness facilities.
What to pack: