March 2nd //
Of all the great design collabs out there, I have to admit when Taylor Swift teamed up with Keds it seemed the perfect match! While we all know Taylor as the gorgeous teen who often graces the red carpet, she still maintains her childlike spirit wherever she is. From red carpet looks that include a little sparkle and glam to a line of casual shoes perfect for everyday, Taylor’s versatility was the perfect match for this classic and time-tested brand.
Taylor Swift x Keds: Shop Her Spring Picks!
“When I was a little kid, I had a pair of white Keds I wore everywhere. It was a nostalgic feeling when they asked me to be the inspiration for the collection. It’s cool to be part of something with such a legacy.” – Taylor to Teen Vogue
With Taylor’s newest Keds collection recently released, the fun patterns and colors have me dreaming of spring! Admittedly inspired by her own wardrobe, you’ll find fun nautical prints, polka dots, lace and stripes as part of the collection. Pick up your own pair of Taylor’s Picks (they’re totally affordable!) and ring in spring in style!
March 1st //
Of all the new designer collections out there this season, I have to say, I am super inspired by the new Anthropologie Legend and Song collection. Born on a whim, wondering what would happen if Anthro was able to collaborate with artisans from Africa, the collection modernizes and showcases artisan crafts and textiles.
A Look at Anthropologie’s Legend and Song Collection
“We are delighted to have hosted Anthropologie in East Africa. It is exciting to know that the relationships created here will bring this uniquely African collection to their customer.” – Finn Holm-Olsen, AGOA Trade Advisor, USAID East Africa Trade Hub
By teaming up with a social enterprise known as the Bhavana World Project, and USAID, the Anthropologie production and design teams started a journey. Traveling together to Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya and Rwanda they connected with local co-ops, designers and artisans to form a project that would soon become a stunning and unique collection of apparel and accessories. The limited-edition collection is completely affordable with prices ranging from $58 for these stunning Threaded Silk Tassel Drop Earrings to $428 for the Shibori Leather Backpack. Which piece from the new collection is your favorite?
For a more intimate look at the Anthropologie team trip to Africa, check out their photo-journal on the blog.
February 27th //
Whether it’s an overnight stay, cross country road trip or quick flight on business, keeping your favorite accessories in tact during your travels is key. Why not do so in style? I’m sharing six of the cutest organizers out there right now that will protect your prettiest jewels (at a great price!). xo
Cute On the Go Jewelry Organizers for Travel
- Oliver Bonas bone tile chevron jewelry box $38.49
- Stella & Dot jewelry organizer $39
- JC Penney pink plush jewelry box $18
- Wayfair sectioned jewelry box $28
- C. Wonder cork monogram jewelry box $78
- Lori Leigh key lime jewelry box $24.95
Posted in Jewelry
February 26th //
Girls everywhere are going crazy over this new collaboration! Kendall and Kylie Jenner are adding accessories to their fashion repertoire, launching a new line of shoes and handbags with Madden Girl. The collection is live on the Steve Madden website right now, so click here to shop their cute designs (this black and leopard sandal is my fave!) all priced between $34 – $79.95). xo
Kendall and Kylie Jenner Collaborate on New Collection for Madden Girl
- Kendall on the collection: “I think with our clothing line [with PacSun], we had so much fun doing that, so that led into the next step which was shoes. We were really involved. I think we wanted to be really involved and literally sent inspiration to everyone at Steve Madden and they made it come to life. It was amazing. They’re amazing to work with because they really did take our vision and put it on to paper and then eventually a product.”
- Kylie on the collection: “We grew up with Steve Madden and I remember buying my first pair of Steve Madden boots, and everyone in my school wore them. It’s just such a great collaboration.”
- Kylie on Kanye West: “He’s really inspiring just watching him. He’s been my roommate for a couple months now, so just watching him. He’s so passionate about his stuff and he’s very, very into it, so it’s just awesome to see that. He’s just really excited about it. He’s always showing me his designs. He’s such a creative guy. He’s awesome and has a lot of talent so it’s cool to see that. It’s inspiring. It makes me wanna work harder.”
February 25th //
Scarves are up there for me with shoes and jewelry as a must-have accessory, especially in the spring when they are a cute way to deal with the hot and cold weather I love a bold pattern, bright color or knitted neutral, as showcased by a few of my favorite bloggers below. Read on for some spring scarf inspiration! xoxo
3 Ways to Wear Spring Scarves: Blogger Edition!
Rachel Parcell of Pink Peonies
Wendy from Wendy’s Lookbook
Helena from Brooklyn Blonde
Which is your favorite?