August 24th //
People always ask me, “Why did you start Motives?”
Much like my other brands, makeup started out as a hobby for me. It’s fun! But my husband JR helped me to see a missing niche in the beauty industry: quality products at an affordable price. Quality products at an affordable price that can give women financial independence.
And now that has become my passion… what I think about all the time.
When you do what you love it never seems like work and what I love to do is INSPIRE OTHERS. Beauty products were the perfect vehicle for me to do that –> motivating women –> Motives Cosmetics.
This is why after 14 years (Wow! Motives really began way back in 1997) I created a collection within Motives that celebrates the women who use my products. AMBITION – our new mineral line - is inspired by the beautiful, successful women we all encounter everyday. The stay at home mom who is the CEO of her household or the working woman climbing the corporate ladder.
I want the women who wear these products to feel empowered. With names like Fearless, Revolutionary, Confident, Innovative and Brilliant I hope that simply putting on your lipstick in the morning becomes a constant reminder that YOU CAN do anything you put your mind to.
August 16th //
For high school teenagers, college students or recent grads a clean, simple beauty routine is all you need for an everyday look. Dianna Agron’s character Quinn on Glee always looks fresh-faced
on set for school and you can steal her look with these neutral Motives products – think pretty colors that let the real you shine through!
- Don’t completely cover your skin! Use concealer sparingly, just to spot treat blemishes or redness
- Carry our new Motives Mineral Powder with you to get rid of any t-zone oiliness throughout the day
- Enhance your youthful glow by applying our new Motives Mineral Blush to the apples of your cheeks
- A swipe of sheer, shimmery shadow on your lids, plus one coat of brown or clear mascara will define your eyes
- Feminine, nude gloss will finish your look without seeming overdone for classes
What are some of your favorite back-to-school beauty tips?
August 6th //
Last night our two Motives Gala Makeover winners had their makeup done by trainer Michele Ahlswede using all of the new products. A favorite of Michele’s were the Mineral Baked Eye Shadow Trios and the Fall Flashback Palette – she used them on both Tammy and Tonya! Here’s an inside look at Tammy’s makeover who was the winner from MFC:
Correction Perfection Concealer in Porcelain
Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in Tender Beige
Mineral Powder in Cream
Mineral Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Confident, Disobiedent and Affluent
Fall Flashback Palette in Bronze Suede
Shape and Sculpt Duo
Mineral Blush in Instinctive and Intuitive
Miami Glow Bronzer
Gel Liner in Little Black Dress
Lustrafy Waterproof Mascara
To see Tonya’s makeover, visit www.lorensworld.com! xoxo
July 24th //
The talented ladies in our Motives Department have been adding a few tips and tricks to motivescosmetics.com and I love their latest piece! Click here to get step-by-step instructions for creating irresistible eyes with our Paint Pot Mineral Eye Shadow in InStyle and Vogue. Tweet them @motives and let them know if you try it at home! xoxo
May 13th //
Happy Friday… the 13th? Creepy:) Here is today’s Friday link love… read about the “MiddleTANS”, Rachel Zoe’s first resort collection and more. I hope everyone has a great weekend – enjoy the beautiful weather! Xoxo
- Rachel Zoe debuts her first resort collection (fabsugar)
- Mom defends injecting her 8 year old daughter with botox (coco perez)
- The Middleton’s “MiddleTAN” sparks rise in self tanner sales (daily mail)
- Why use mineral makeup (loren’s world)
- Watch as Dianna Agron chops off her hair! (people style watch)
Posted in Fashion News
Tagged 2012 resort, botox, coco perez, daily mail, dianna agron cuts her hair, fabsugar, loren's world, middletan, mineral makeup, people, pippa middleton