March 20th //
Demi Moore has been photoshopped for a new beauty ad campaign. The 49-year-old actress is the new face of Helena Rubinstein and the just-released promotional photos appear to be extremely photoshopped. The shape of Demi Moore‘s face, her skintone, eye color and many other features have been distorted for the Helena Rubinstein advertisements. Is Demi Moore photoshopped appearance acceptable?
May 19th //
This might be a little off topic from the usual tips and trends, but in society these days models and advertisements go hand in hand with shopping. Does Photoshop turn you off from making a purchase? Is it so commonplace that you don’t even notice it anymore? Do you think it’s terrible that we expect clothing to fit the way it does on the model, whom has actually had her legs elongated, her stomach shrunk and her skin brightened?
I want to know how you feel about Photoshop. Leave a comment or tweet me @lorenridinger
July 30th //
TGIF:) Catch up on some of the reading I’ve been doing:
- Levi’s and Brooks Brothers have partnered for a new line (GQ)
- Dolce & Gabbana to design outfits for England’s Chelsea soccer team (CocoPerez)
- (video) Watch Crystal Renn address her photoshop debacle on the Today Show (MSNBC)
- The curvy girl’s guide to accessories (Betty Confidential)
- Solve the mystery of the two-sided brow and lash brush (BellaSugar)
- Steal celeb kids’ back to school style (People)
Have a great weekend! Can you believe it’s August already?
June 25th //
Is it Friday already? The week flew by fast, and now it’s time for a roundup of the interesting articles I’ve been reading lately! From the serious, to the funny to frivolous – read on…
- Street style inspiration on this summer’s hottest accessories – Elle
- Great video on InStyle about how to cut your own bangs!
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse‘s red carpet style breakdown on Us Weekly
- The interesting and surprisingly handy Dunk Mug is featured on Outblush today. Check it out!
- Obsessed! The Chanel Quilted Bag on BettyConfidential
- Mens: highlights from Paris Fashion Week on GQ
- How do you feel about Photoshop? Look at this Ralph Lauren model on CocoPerez and tell me what you think.
Enjoy your weekend! xox
April 21st //
Check out Britney Spears’ un-retouched swimsuit photos for Candie’s – which she released last week to cheer women everywhere who don’t have their own personal Photoshop team.
Image courtesy of HuffingtonPost.com
I think Britney looks great in the before AND after. How to steal the look:
Bluefly, Ondademar monokini $92