October 31st //
Polka dots have slowly transitioned from the runway to the red carpet and now onto the sidewalk this fall. If you’ve been wondering how to incorporate spots into your cold weather wardrobe this season, take notes from celebrities like Jordana Brewster and January Jones. Both Jordana and January have been seen out and about in this Madewell Spotdot Sweater ($75)… are you a fan of this casual polka dot knit?
Who wore it better? Jordana Brewster vs January Jones in Madewell’s Spotdot Sweater
photo via fabsugar.com
August 30th //
Stella McCartney started a polka dot parade down the runway during her Fall 2011 show and the trend shows no sign of slowing down. No longer just for little girls, these dots are feminine and sexy (especially with sheer fabric) and can be worn on anything from jewelry to outerwear to dresses.
1. Zappos Couture, Marc by Marc Jacobs ring $61 2. Bergdorf Goodman, Marc Jacobs gloves 3. YOOX ballet flats $79 4. Net-a-porter, Stella McCartney blouse $1,150 5. Kate Spade polka dot Henrietta $60 6. Modcloth dress $78
August 1st //
Fall is only a few weeks away and if you’re like me, you’ve already starting building a cold weather wardrobe! It’s all about the exaggerated details and textured accessories next season so I’ve put together a guide for the hottest extras, straight off the runway.
- Oversized earrings at Armani and statement collars at Alberta Ferretti
- Colorful gloves at Erdem and polka dots at Marc Jacobs
- Belted coats at Thakoon and fur trimmings at Altuzarra
- Ombre heel shoes at Derek Lam and feminine headbands at Nina Ricci
- Structured bags at Max Mara and cuff bracelets at Versace
Posted in Trends
Tagged Alberta Ferretti, altuzarra, armani, belted coats, Cuff bracelets, Derek Lam, Erdem, fall 2011 accessories, Fur, Loren Ridinger, Marc Jacobs, max mara, nina ricci, polka dots, statement jewelry, Thakoon, Versace
July 30th //
Kim Kardashian looked so pretty while at a wedding cake tasting at Hansen Cakes in Los Angeles yesterday. You don’t often see Kim in polka dots but I love the feminine print and retro fit on her! So excited for Kim and Kris to tie the knot next month!
June 2nd //
My girlfriend loves her Kate Spade Dizzy Dot Natalie toiletry bag ($72) and recently bought one for her daughter and now I just bought one for Amber and I! The case comes with a smaller bag, where I’ll keep my Motives, and the other side is the perfect fit for my Cell Labs and Matriskin. The style is classic and since the lining is wipeable it’s easy to clean.