June 17th //
New mom Kim Kardashian has some of the most famous tresses (it’s rumored that her baby girl has the same dark hair!), with her waves copied and coveted worldwide. This iconic bombshell look is easier to achieve than you might think, it just takes a little practice. That’s why I’ve written this five step tutorial for the best way to get Kim Kardashian hair - check it out below!
Kim Kardashian Hair Secrets: A 5 Step Tutorial
- Blow out hair in sections using a round brush and volumizing spray at the roots
- Part hair in the middle and tease the top portion for volume
- Curl sections of hair away from the face using a large barrel curling iron. Don’t start at the crown but rather halfway down your head for a more natural look
- Smooth your teased crown and brush out the curls with a wide tooth comb
- Spritz with hairspray
Want other Kim Kardashian hair secrets? According to stylist Chris McMillan, Kim washes her every other day and does a deep conditioning mask once a week.
June 17th //
Another designer joins the David’s Bridal team for a fabulous wedding collaboration: Zac Posen! Truly Zac Posen is a collection of wedding dresses launching in February of 2014, reflecting his “modern, yet totally nostalgic” world-renowned style. The six ivory wedding gowns and five social occasion dresses will range from $850 – $1,350 and $195 – $225, with more pieces added later on in the year. Get a sneak peek at the sophisticated line below + click here to watch his exclusive interview with USA Today!
Truly Zac Posen for David’s Bridal Wedding Dresses
“There’s a romantic classicism to them with a va-va-va-voom quality. The workmanship is extraordinary. My hand and craft went through all of it. These are going to become collector items.” – Zac Posen
My engaged friends, are you excited about Zac Posen and David’s Bridal teaming up together?
June 16th //
Are you getting tired of flat, limp hair? With summer here, the heat and crazy humidity can leave your locks looking not-so-chic and if you’re anything like me, you’re craving a little volume boost! With a few tips and tricks you can put volume back in your hair and get a little lift even on the hottest of days. Check out my volume boosting solutions for summer below.
Put the Volume Boost Back in Your Hair
- Switch up your part. YES, it’s that easy. After years of parting your hair in the same spot, those locks are bound to get a little flat. Switch it up and you’re good to go.
- Get the right cut. Ask your stylist to skip the all-over layers and add angled pieces around your face.
- Make your hair look even thicker. Blast your roots with low heat from your hair dryer. This will give you instant lift.
- Go in reverse. Sounds crazy, I know! Stop weighing down hair by making conditioner your last step in the shower – condition first, shampoo second. You’ll get that bounce you’re looking for and your hair will still be nourished.
- Try a little tease. Some light teasing underneath will give you just the right amount of boost.
- Dry shampoo. Try flipping over your hair and spraying dry shampoo from underneath. This will add the perfect volume.
What’s your favorite volume-boosting trick?
June 15th //
Today’s shoe feature is probably my favorite summer purchase so far! The luxurious handwoven details and ankle laces are my favorite part – I can just imagine wearing them on a weekend getaway with a white dress and gold jewelry. But since the mixed metallics make a perfect neutral, I could literally wear these stunners with just about anything all season long (and then some once we get back to Miami for the winter). LOVE a great wedge…
Hermès Epice Tresse Wedges
Hermes ladies’ braided espadrille in silver/gold/bronze laminated nappa calfskin, with silver/gold/bronze braided wedge heel, hand woven, 3.54″ heel
The Hermes Epice wedges are available here. Tell me about your favorite summer shoe in the comments! xo
June 14th //
June is a really lovely month to take a trip – it usually isn’t too hot/rainy just yet! – and it seems like everyone is planning a getaway right now. Whether you’ve got a destination wedding to attend or are just packing up for the weekend, having the right summer travel accessories will make it even easier to relax and enjoy. Shopping for essential summer travel accessories are a lot more fun for me than winter – give me a beach and I’m a happy girl! Check out my picks below.
Shopping for the Perfect Summer Travel Accessories
A bikini is always on the summer shopping list and don’t forget the little things, like mineral water spray and rollerball perfume. They don’t take up much space and definitely up the comfort level of your trip!
passport cover | cover up | headphones | bikini | sunglasses | weekender bag | perfume | hat | face spray
Everything easily fits into a chic weekender bag… just pack, grab and go! xox