March 9th //
Do you ever feel like your skin is breaking out for no reason? It’s time to take a quick assessment of your daily routines – and perhaps we can get to the bottom of the problem. Keep reading to learn about a few everyday habits that just may be sabotaging your skin.
Getting to the Bottom of Breakouts: 6 Culprits
- Picking, popping and squeezing. (We’ve talked about this one before!) Leave those blemishes alone, it truly will just make them worse.
- Be sure to rinse off any post-workout sweat and strip off your damp workout clothes – dealing with a breakout on your back is the last thing you want.
- Binging on junk food. Leafy greens, fresh juices and lean meats (all the makings of a healthy diet) also aid in healthy, glowing skin. So load up on the kale and skip the chips!
- Avoid over-indulging in sugary drinks at the bar – stick to plain mixers like soda water with a squeeze of lime. And while you’re at it, make sure your drinking lots of water while you’re out on the town.
- Eyeglasses, hats and smartphones all contain oils and bacteria that needs a little sterilization every once in a while. Try giving hats and scarves an occasional round in the washer and pulling out the disinfectant for glasses and smartphones.
- Too many lotions, potions and scrubs. Keep your skincare routine simple and stick to what works. Be sure to wash your face morning and night.
March 8th //
Greek yogurt is definitely one of the best additions to your diet when it comes to a healthy lifestyle, but what about its beauty benefits? Between the old saying, “you are what you eat” and actually using it topically, the beauty benefits of Greek yogurt are pretty extensive. Keep reading to find out a little more about making Greek yogurt a staple in your beauty arsenal.
5 Beauty Benefits You Get from Greek Yogurt
- Prevents wrinkles. (This is totally true!) Greek yogurt is packed with good-for-you protein, helping your skin become firmer and more resistant to fine lines and wrinkles with every bite.
- Get a killer natural glow with a DIY Greek Yogurt mask. The lactose enzymes get rid of dirt and are super nourishing for skin.
- Packed with Zinc, a natural anti-inflammatory – greek yogurt (topically or as part of your daily nutrition) can help reduce acne and redness from acne.
- Did you know that it’s not just your bones that need calcium, but your skin does too? Greek yogurt is packed with calcium which will help keep skin soft and supple and will also support skin renewal.
- A lemon + yogurt snack is a great source of vitamin A, helping to protect your skin against disease, while also keeping it super-soft.
What do you think, are these enough reasons to get you to add Greek yogurt to your daily beauty regimen?
March 6th //
How cute is this dress from H&M? Perfect with tights now and for warm summer days later Taylor Swift was recently spotted out wearing the polka dot version – with her new, shorter hair! – and of course it sold out online almost instantly. But you can still check your local H&M store to see if it’s in stock, or shop the two other colors (red or dark grey) on their website for only $15. Affordable celebrity fashion at it’s best Love!
Shop Taylor Swift’s $15 H&M Dress
March 6th //
I love all the collaborations that Jonathan Adler does – it brings his amazing eye for color and pattern to so many different items! His most recent partnership is with TOMS, which includes the classic slip on shoe in five fabulous prints and sunglasses – I can’t think of cuter footwear to kick off your spring collection! And at only $59 (available right now at toms.com and Nordstrom stores and online), they are a steal. Which print will you pick?
TOMS x Jonathan Adler is Here!
“I wanted the collaboration with Toms to reflect the spirit of my work, which is what I call style, craft and joy.” – Jonathan Adler
March 5th //
Matching sets no longer apply to just your underwear or bikini – tops and bottoms that have the same color or print are a huge trend for spring and summer. I selected 5 options to shop from below but if you’re not sold on investing in this trend just yet, try a monochrome look or same colored separates instead. I personally love the idea of wearing the same pattern head to toe so I am definitely diving into the look next season (#1 is my favorite!)!
Matching Sets for Summer
- Sanctuary tie dye faux leather
- Pixie Market Anouk Florette Set
- Torn by Ronny alternate stripes
- Jane Norman puff print
- Ribbon Aztec coordinates