March 8th //
Greek yogurt is definitely one of the best additions to your diet when it comes to a healthy lifestyle, but what about its beauty benefits? Between the old saying, “you are what you eat” and actually using it topically, the beauty benefits of Greek yogurt are pretty extensive. Keep reading to find out a little more about making Greek yogurt a staple in your beauty arsenal.
5 Beauty Benefits You Get from Greek Yogurt
- Prevents wrinkles. (This is totally true!) Greek yogurt is packed with good-for-you protein, helping your skin become firmer and more resistant to fine lines and wrinkles with every bite.
- Get a killer natural glow with a DIY Greek Yogurt mask. The lactose enzymes get rid of dirt and are super nourishing for skin.
- Packed with Zinc, a natural anti-inflammatory – greek yogurt (topically or as part of your daily nutrition) can help reduce acne and redness from acne.
- Did you know that it’s not just your bones that need calcium, but your skin does too? Greek yogurt is packed with calcium which will help keep skin soft and supple and will also support skin renewal.
- A lemon + yogurt snack is a great source of vitamin A, helping to protect your skin against disease, while also keeping it super-soft.
What do you think, are these enough reasons to get you to add Greek yogurt to your daily beauty regimen?
March 5th //
The stunning Eva Mendes turns the big 4-0 today and in honor of her birthday, I had to go and share a few of her most beautiful updo’s. The actress is definitely one of my go-to’s when it comes to hair inspiration so if you want to perfect the sexy chignon or glam ponytail, Eva’s your girl. Happy birthday Eva!
Happy Birthday Eva Mendes! See 6 of Her Best Updo’s for Hair Inspiration
Which will you try and copy first?
March 3rd //
Your nails are the finishing touch to any ensemble and I always love to see the star’s tips in the Mani Cam when they interview with E! on the red carpet. Some choose really intricate polish designs and others go for neutrals or even none at all. Check out my top three manicures from the 2014 Oscars last night – plus get my tips on how to steal their look using our Motives Nail Lacquers!
Mani Monday! See the Best Nails from the Oscars
Giuliana Rancic’s french manicure (get it with Motives Nail Lacquer in Celebutante and Wedding Dress)
Jennifer Garner’s berry manicure (get it with Motives Nail Lacquer in Starlet)
Maria Menounos’ embellished manicure (get it with Motives Nail Lacquer in Star Studded and Tuxedo)
Which is your favorite?
February 28th //
There are so many great things about shea butter (along with coconut oil) as a super-ingredient, which is why we use it in our products for Lumiere de Vie and Motives Cosmetics. But if you want to go the DIY, straight-from-the-source route, I’m sharing nine ways you can use this all-natural cream to cure your skin and hair problems below!
9 Shea Butter Benefits for Your Skin and Hair
“Organic Shea Butter is shea butter in its most natural form. The unique shea tree is native to African and can now be found in 19 regions from Senegal to Ethiopia. Each summer, the tree bears a fruit the size of a plum, which contains a nut. Shea butter is the fat extracted from the seed that is removed from the shea nut. It is high in vitamins A and E.” - Sublime Bliss Shea Butter $32
- As a skin remedy for itchy, dry, peeling or cracked skin
- Can help heal eczema, dermatitis or rashes from an allergy
- Great as a shaving cream for smooth, silky skin
- Can improve wrinkles with daily use after a few weeks
- Used for the prevention and/or healing of stretch marks
- Liquify and use as a 30 minute treatment for healthier, longer hair
- Can be an all-natural solution to dandruff
- Eliminates scalp irritation from over processed, chemically treated hair
- Dry, damaged or curly hair can also use shea butter as a styling cream
For even more info on the benefits of this superior moisturizer, click here. Are you a fan of shea butter? Will you add it to your beauty routine?
February 25th //
If you chopped your locks during last season’s bob explosion (which has been spotted on just about everyone and everywhere) but are ready for yet another change, check out these six hairstyles for growing out hair from a few of your favorite celebs that are in the same boat. Don’t suffer through that awkward stage – show this post to your stylist and figure out which cut will help you grow out hair while still looking cute. xo
PHOTOS: 6 Celeb Styles for Growing Out Your Hair
Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba, Taylor Swift
Rachel McAdams, Jennifer Aniston, Julianne Hough