December 1st //
With the wind whipping outside and the holidays on the horizon, it’s this time of year when I crave herbal tea like crazy! When the seasons shift, a warm cup of herbal tea is such a treat at the end of a long day. Offering lots of great beauty benefits and an overall calming feeling, from green to black, there’s a variety of teas out there that will make you feel great. Between anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, the beauty benefits of herbal tea are pretty endless. Check ‘em out below!
6 Beauty Benefits of Herbal Tea
- Use to moisturize and tone dry skin.
- Green and black tea can add shine to dull hair.
- Tea bags will help rid under-eye circles and puffiness.
- Make a paste of honey and green tea for a soothing facial mask.
- Tea compresses can soothe painful sunburns.
- Get the itch and sting out of bug bites.
How about you – have you ever taken advantage of the beauty benefits of herbal tea?
November 23rd //
It’s around this time of year, (every year!) that dry and itchy skin starts to set in. Between the low winter temps, dry air and harsh winds, skin tends to take a beating when the seasons shift. In addition to the cool air outside, skin also has to endure high temps of indoor heat. When skin is going through repeated and harsh temp changes all season long, knowing how to hydrate dry skin is absolutely essential! From hydrating masks to other moisturizing treatments, take a look below at my go-to winter skin regimen.
5 Ways to Banish Dry Skin This Winter
- Shower and wash your face with lukewarm water rather than hot water. Hot water robs the skin of moisture.
- ALWAYS moisturize after showering of washing your hands.
- Exfoliate regularly. When skin is well-exfoliated it’s able to absorb moisture much more easily.
- Use hydrating masks. One of my faves is a DIY avocado mask made with avocado, olive oil and honey. (all natural and feels great!)
- Hydrate! There’s nothing more moisturizing than hydration from the inside out.
How about you? Got any special tricks for how to hydrate dry skin?
November 21st //
I love getting exciting news – especially on my birthday! Cosmo for Latinas (one of my favorite magazines) featured our Motives Pressed Blush in So Peachy in their Winter issue! The tutorial is all about trying different neutral looks this season that are subtle yet sexy – I love it.
Motives Pressed Blush Featured in Cosmo for Latinas!
And how gorgeous does my girl Jennifer Lopez look on the cover? Beautiful as ever!
November 18th //
This is one of my seasonal favorites! A bold lip color is a great go-to for holiday parties but if you have trouble pairing makeup with lipstick, I’ve got you covered. Even though I prefer to play up one feature or the other, statement lips can look great with both a bare face or statement eyes if done right. Here are five ways to pair red lipstick and eye shadow this season, courtesy of some of our gorgeous Motives Mavens!
Holiday Inspiration: 5 Ways to Pair Red Lipstick and Eye Shadow
See our selection of red lip colors on www.motivescosmetics.com! xo
November 17th //
Do you ever feel like your skin is just taking a beating? Sometimes our hectic lives can lead to skin getting over-washed and products being over-used. When you’re skin isn’t treated with the loving care it deserves, breakouts and dry spots can result. From a little added hydration to some tender loving care, check out these tips for getting your skin back on track, stat.
Show Your Skin A Little Love This Winter
- Looking blotchy and red? It may be time to lay off the exfoliators and opt for a creamy, gentle cleanser. Add some cucumber or aloe infused cream to help quiet the redness.
- Chapped lips that just won’t quit? Above anything else – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Once you’ve had all the H2O you can take, go for a flavorless lip balm (so you aren’t tempted to lick those lips!) with nourishing moisturizers. Skip the matte lipsticks and stains and opt for hydrating solutions.
- Not getting enough sleep? Well, first of all – catch those Z’s! If you’re trying to undo the damage of flaky, puffy under eyes, try creating a protective barrier for that sensitive skin with a light and fragrance-free moisturizer.
How about you? Got any tricks for finding a little love for your skin?