March 31st //
Orange is the new lip shade to sport this spring season and I have already seen lots of orange lipstick hues on many ‘it’ girls and celebrities. It’s so easy to do and very flattering on every skin color – it can even help you brighten your skin! Take a look at my favorite Motives lipsticks in orange hues that my friend Janine from @theamazingworldofj created:
Spring Beauty Trend: Orange Lips
Motives for La La Moisture Rich Lipstick in La Bamba
Motives Mineral Lipstick in Citrus
Motives Mineral Lipstick in Tangerine
Which one is your favorite? Tell me in the comments below or tweet me @lorenridinger with your favorite Motives orange lipstick!
March 30th //
One of the most powerful secret weapons we have to highlight, brighten and give that perfectly sun-kissed glow is blush. But for those of us with a darker, more brown-based skin tone, finding that perfect shade can be a real challenge. With a wide range of shades, knowing what to look for can be a real help when it comes to finding the perfect blush! Take a look below at my picks for the best blush for darker skin tones that will flatter your complexion xo
Got a Darker Skin Tone? Find the Perfect Glow with the Right Blush
- When your skin tone is deep and dark, you can pull off subtle bronze to bold rose. Try Motives Crème Blush in Fiji or Motives for La La Mineral Blush in Centerfold.
- If your tone is a little more on the cool side, blushes with berry or wine undertones, like this pressed blush mimic a more natural glow.
- For the ladies with a more naturally caramel-based tone, soft pinks are the perfect highlighter.
- If you’re more on the fair side, try something with peach undertones like Motives La La Mineral Blush in Bossy. This color offers a nice balance that will prevent you from looking washed out.
When it comes to blush, what’s your go-to color?
March 26th //
Show off your pretty fair skin with some of the best makeup for pale skin tones this spring! What are your go-to shades?
Makeup for Pale Skin: Skin, Cheeks, Eyes and Lips
- Skin: SPF! And whether you opt for a tinted moisturizer or full-coverage foundation, look for anti-redness agents if you skin gets irritated easily.
- Cheeks: Peaches and pinks are perfect for fair skin and opt for honey-tones if you want a more bronzed look.
- Eyes: Always make sure to fill in your brows and try using a brown mascara and liner during the day for a subtle look and switching to black or navy for night.
- Lips: Bright shades look gorgeous on porcelain skin and so do apricots, reds with blue undertones and just-bitten pink. Stay away from brown or dark neutrals to avoid looking washed out.
March 25th //
You don’t need a red carpet event to rock red carpet hairstyles! Your favorite celebs might have a hair and makeup team but I promise you can get those red carpet curls easily at home – all it takes is a little help from YouTube Whether you want to try hot rollers, a curling iron or even no heat at all, stunning tresses are a sure thing with these three video tutorials.
WATCH: 3 Ways to Get Red Carpet Curls
with hot rollers
with a curling iron
with no heat
Which are you going to try first?
March 23rd //
Lip care for summer is something not enough women pay attention to! We worry about our eyes, our neck, our hands but what about our pout? No one likes chapped lips or a lined mouth, which will only get worse with increased sun exposure during the summer. Give your lips a little extra TLC with these summer lip care tips to keep them healthy and soft.
Give Your Lips Some Love This Summer
- Your lips need SPF just like the rest of your skin!
- Overexposure to the sun can cause your lips to dry out and become flaky. Use a lip pumice or a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips
- When at home or overnight, apply a more intensive lip treatment. Vitamin E or Vitamin C will provide more hydration than your every day lip balm
- Use a lip primer before lipstick to add extra barrier between your makeup and harsh environmental factors than cause aging!