March 30th //
One of the most powerful secret weapons we have to highlight, brighten and give that perfectly sun-kissed glow is blush. But for those of us with a darker, more brown-based skin tone, finding that perfect shade can be a real challenge. With a wide range of shades, knowing what to look for can be a real help when it comes to finding the perfect blush! Take a look below at my picks for the best blush for darker skin tones that will flatter your complexion xo
Got a Darker Skin Tone? Find the Perfect Glow with the Right Blush
- When your skin tone is deep and dark, you can pull off subtle bronze to bold rose. Try Motives Crème Blush in Fiji or Motives for La La Mineral Blush in Centerfold.
- If your tone is a little more on the cool side, blushes with berry or wine undertones, like this pressed blush mimic a more natural glow.
- For the ladies with a more naturally caramel-based tone, soft pinks are the perfect highlighter.
- If you’re more on the fair side, try something with peach undertones like Motives La La Mineral Blush in Bossy. This color offers a nice balance that will prevent you from looking washed out.
When it comes to blush, what’s your go-to color?
March 20th //
Beauties, if you haven’t mastered the art of contour and highlight, now’s the time. Since our new Motives Cosmetics Fire & Ice palettes launched last month, they have been a huge success and we couldn’t be more proud of the six talented women we worked with to create them. We have loved seeing all of the beautiful contour and highlight happening with our new Sculpt Series on Instagram! If you’ve always wanted to try this makeup technique, Motives Maven Teni Panosian filmed a step by step tutorial using Fire and I’m sharing it below.
Motives Mavens Sculpt Series Contour Tutorial with Teni Panosian
“Bringing the glamour of artists to everyday women, Sculpt Series are essential contour palettes for creating flawless looks. Handpicked by six of our Motives Mavens social media beauty sensations, these palettes give you the tools to master the art of facial sculpting.” – Motives Cosmetics
March 14th //
With spring right around the corner, it’s time to update your wardrobe and your makeup bag. While we may not be ready for a full on shift in the color palette, stepping neutrals up a notch is a great option for transitioning from winter to spring. Keep reading for a peek at spring’s hottest new colors – and get ready because you’re gonna love these.
Spring 2014 Makeup Trends: Switching Up Your Makeup Bag!
- Lips: A soft magenta with pinky-purple undertones are just enough for a pop of color on a night out with the girls. For a fun, everyday change of pace, try a bright splurge of tangerine!
- Eyes: Get in tune with the spring blooms by adding a little metallic jade to your lids!
- Another Option for Eyes: Lavender with gold undertones – the perfect pop of shimmer for any spring soirée (get the look below with our Motives Red Carpet Palette!).
- Cheeks: Gold, gold and more gold! Add a little sparkle for the perfect highlighter.
- Nails: Deeply saturated pastels like beautiful blue and peach.
Are you as excited as I am to shift into spring colors?
February 19th //
Now that the Motives Mavens ELEMENT palette is officially available, you must make sure to follow along on Instagram for incredible tutorials with our newest product, like this pictorial from the gorgeous Maryam (who helped create the color box). At only $35 the ELEMENT is such a steal so scoop one up before they sell out! xoxo
PICTORIAL: Gorgeous Eye Makeup With the Motives Mavens ELEMENT
- Prime the lids with Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Using a fluffy crease brush from Motives 15-piece pro brush set, apply a soft wash of “Native” eyeshadow to the crease using windshield wiper motions. This will serve as the transition shade
- Using a large eyeshadow brush from the set, apply “Bordeaux” eyeshadow to the entire movable lid and slightly past the crease. Use the edge of the brush to blend “Bordeaux” with “Native”. Add the shade to the outer lower lash line
- Flip the brush and apply “Shell” eyeshadow to the center of the lid, inner corner and directly under the brow arch
- Apply “Raven” eyeshadow to the outer v portion of the eye using a fine detailing brush and creating a defined outer wing
- Using “Birch” eyeshadow on a flat brush, “clean up” any harsh edges and soften the transition between the brow bone and crease
- Line the top lash line with Motives liquid liner in Noir
- Add lashes and mascara
February 18th //
After a summer of embellishments and neon followed by a winter of vampy hues, I am SO ready for neutral nail colors this spring! We recently revealed a bridal collection of nail lacquers with Motives but they are truly the perfect shades for ladies for who love an understated nail. What would of course look amazing on a bride and her bridal party, this pink, nude and white nude trio are also fresh and easy for any woman to wear next season (they would look amazing with a tan, right?).
3 Gorgeous Nail Colors For Spring You Need to See!
Fairy Tale, I Do, First Dance $6.95 each
What do you guys think? What nail colors for spring are you looking forward to wearing?