February 19th //
Now that the Motives Mavens ELEMENT palette is officially available, you must make sure to follow along on Instagram for incredible tutorials with our newest product, like this pictorial from the gorgeous Maryam (who helped create the color box). At only $35 the ELEMENT is such a steal so scoop one up before they sell out! xoxo
PICTORIAL: Gorgeous Eye Makeup With the Motives Mavens ELEMENT
- Prime the lids with Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Using a fluffy crease brush from Motives 15-piece pro brush set, apply a soft wash of “Native” eyeshadow to the crease using windshield wiper motions. This will serve as the transition shade
- Using a large eyeshadow brush from the set, apply “Bordeaux” eyeshadow to the entire movable lid and slightly past the crease. Use the edge of the brush to blend “Bordeaux” with “Native”. Add the shade to the outer lower lash line
- Flip the brush and apply “Shell” eyeshadow to the center of the lid, inner corner and directly under the brow arch
- Apply “Raven” eyeshadow to the outer v portion of the eye using a fine detailing brush and creating a defined outer wing
- Using “Birch” eyeshadow on a flat brush, “clean up” any harsh edges and soften the transition between the brow bone and crease
- Line the top lash line with Motives liquid liner in Noir
- Add lashes and mascara
February 18th //
After a summer of embellishments and neon followed by a winter of vampy hues, I am SO ready for neutral nail colors this spring! We recently revealed a bridal collection of nail lacquers with Motives but they are truly the perfect shades for ladies for who love an understated nail. What would of course look amazing on a bride and her bridal party, this pink, nude and white nude trio are also fresh and easy for any woman to wear next season (they would look amazing with a tan, right?).
3 Gorgeous Nail Colors For Spring You Need to See!
Fairy Tale, I Do, First Dance $6.95 each
What do you guys think? What nail colors for spring are you looking forward to wearing?
February 8th //
Anything goes for makeup this spring and summer and we wanted to reflect that with our new Motives products, just launched this weekend at Market America World Conference! In addition to the amazing Element and Sculpt palettes created by our Motives Mavens, La La and I created a new collection called the Paparazzo Collezione, filled with stunning new colors for eyes, lips, cheeks and nails next season.
Spring Beauty Trends 2014 with Motives Paparazzo Collezione
February 6th //
So exciting! The View surprised one lucky audience member Katie with an ambush makeover on yesterday’s show and they used Motives Cosmetics! The View’s in-house hair, makeup and fashion stylists did an incredible job and you can click here to see how gorgeous Katie looks in our Motives for La La Lip Shines.
Motives Cosmetics Featured on ABC’s The View Member Makeover
To pick up a Motives for La La Lip Shine for yourself, check out all of the beautiful shades available for purchase here! xo
January 24th //
Love, love love this pictorial with perfect Valentine’s Day lippies in gorgeous shades of pink! Thank you @makeupbyisela for putting this together. Even if you aren’t into a full face of makeup for the most romantic 24 hours of the year (but if you are, see this tutorial!), swipe on some lipstick and you’ll still feel festive and ready for the day.
5 Perfect Lip Colors for A Valentine’s Day Pout
- Motives Mineral Lipstick in Petal Pink
- Motives Mineral Lipstick in Rosewood
- Collagen Core Lipstick in Optimistic
- Collagen Core Lipstick in Inspired
- Collagen Core Lipstick in Motivated
From a dark rose to petal pink, which of these Valentine’s Day lipstick shades is for you?